Thursday, February 14, 2013

Alan has a girlfriend

Yikes!  I can't believe I just typed that title.  Alan is 14, mostly non-verbal and autistic!  How the heck did he get a girlfriend?

However, this is a direct quote from his teacher's e-mail (only the names have been changed):


I'm not sure if I had mentioned this, but Alan has a girlfriend!  Hannah is definitely the initiator, but they frequently have to be separated in gym class from snuggling.  Not sure if you wanted Alan to put *extra* stickers on her Valentine.  Don't worry, she's super cute!  He has good taste.


After we expressed our dismay, we got this answer:


You have a cute son!  You knew someday some girl would find him irresistible!  She's definitely smitten.  They are paired up a lot for academic groups, and I guess one day she saw him  *differently *.


Oh, my!  Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    Love sees no obstacles and no boundaries. Love is in the eye even if that eye only makes contact "randomly" ;)

    ReplyDelete